The purpose of this post is to provide a basic idea about HP Radia technology.Hope this will be interesting for you!!!
HP Radia is basically a complete deployment solution,where as we can repackages applications too.We can create Radia native packages and publish MSIs and Setup files to Radia Database for distribution.It has additional features like OS managemet,patch management,inventory management etc..
1.What are the basic Radia Infrastructure components?
Radia Configuration Server
Radia Proxy Server
Radia Administrator Tools
2.What is RCS
RCS stands for Radia Configuration Server .It stores data for all applications and maintains the policy.
· It Stores all data in an Object Orientated DataBase
· Stores desired state of all applications
· Stores all data for all applications
· Maintains Policy in an internal database, or can retrieve Policy from any LDAP compliant external database.
3.What is Radia Client
The Radia client is in charge of maintaining Software and configuration management on client machines.
4.In What are all the OS Radia client can be used?
· Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, and Windows 95
· HP-UX, Sun OS
· MAC OS
5.What are all the basic functions that a Radia Client will perform with other Radia Infrastructure devices during the installation of Software.
1. Policy Resolution
2. Desired State Resolution
3. Data Download
6.What is Radia Proxy Server
Provides a network location where Radia clients can get files needed to bring applications to proper desired state.
· It Provides data only, not Policy or Desired State information
· It Utilizes two types of cache, static and dynamic
7.What are all the special instances in RCS database
Base and Null
• A Base Instance attribute can be found in every class in the database. The Base instance defines the “template” that all other instances in the same class will be built from.
• The Null Instance is found in the Policy Domain inside of the User Class. The Null instance defines the behavior of any client connection that does not have a matching instance inside of the User class.
8.What is the use of install.ini
The install.ini file can be referenced during a client installation to modify and augment the installation process.
9.What is the difference of static cache and Dynamic cache
With Static Cache, a Radia Proxy Server is “pre-loaded” with application data before clients attempt to perform an installation.
With Dynamic Cache, client request data from a Radia Proxy Server. The Radia Proxy Server does not have the data requested, and will then request the data from an upstream host.
10.What is The command used in Radia to install, update, and verify mandatory applications ?
11.What is the difference of Mandatory and optional applicationsin Radia databse
• Mandatory applications are typically installed by Radia Administrators with a timed events or Notification actions
• Optional applications are installed by users with the Radia Software Manager Interface.
12.What is RSERVICE
This is an obect Radia configuration Server creates with a list of the applications a machine/user has been entitled.
13.What are all the Radia Client Installation Methods
· Installation Wizard (e.g. setup.exe)
· Logon Script
· Radia Management Portal
14.How to export an application from Radia database.
• Drag application on ZCOMMAND
• Check EXPORT directory
15.How to import an application from Radia database
• Create ZSERVICE instance
• Drag application on ZCOMMAND
• Check successful import
[To be continued..]